ANZCO Farm Assurance Programme
ANZCO Foods is one of New Zealand’s largest exporters with sales of NZ $1.3 billion and more than 3,000 employees worldwide.
ANZCO produces, processes and markets premium quality beef and lamb around the world and in New Zealand.
ANZCO’s core business activities are seamlessly integrated, ensuring our high quality beef and lamb products are delivered to exacting standards, on time and in full from our farmers’ pastures to the plate of the consumer.
From our lush green environment and temperate climate, New Zealand has a well-deserved reputation for producing some of the world’s finest grass-fed, free-range beef.
ANZCO beef is versatile, nutritious and quite simply the best. Highly sought-after for its full flavour and fine texture, our beef is naturally high in ingredients essential to healthy living (Vitamin B, Omega 3 and Zinc).
Only product sourced from the South Island of New Zealand that complies with the independently audited, stringent ANZCO Foods’ Farm Assurance Programme is supplied to fulfil the Waitrose Essential programme needs.
Processed at the ANZCO Foods Kokiri site where skilled processing employees are responsible for efficiently converting raw materials into a range of prime cuts to meet the exacting specifications of the Waitrose market.
Farm Assurance Programme:
The ANZCO Farm Assurance Programme is independently audited by a third party which is accredited under JAS-ANZ to International Standards ISO/IEC Guide 17065.
The ANZCO Farm Assurance Programme can help improve on-farm efficiency and ensure farmers produce healthier livestock, and therefore become more profitable. Food safety, traceability and quality assurance drives our ANZCO Farm Assurance Programme to help our farmers manage and achieve the approved high standards through checking farms, identifying animal health issues and record keeping.
The ANZCO Farm Assurance Programme has requirements in four main areas, each of which is verified as part of the accreditation and auditing process:
1. Food safety – food products must be free from dangers arising from biological, chemical and physical hazards. There are mandated requirements in NZ, which the ANZCO Farm QA programme exceeds.
2. Animal welfare – livestock are expected to have been raised in farming systems ensuring the five freedoms:
- Freedom from thirst, hunger and malnutrition
- The provision of appropriate comfort and shade
- The prevention and/or rapid diagnosis and treatment of injury, disease or infection
- Freedom from distress
- The opportunity to display normal patterns of behaviour
NZ has national animal welfare standards which are included and exceeded within the ANZCO Farm QA programme.
3. Environmental sustainability – livestock are expected to be raised in farm systems which are sustainable. NZ has national and regional standards for water quality and nutrient management.
ISO/IEC Guide 17065
4. Traceability – livestock must be able to be traced from the retail outlet right back through all stages of their lives to birth. This is mandatory in NZ.