ANZCO Foods Feedlot Site Information
Infrastructure & history
ANZCO Foods established Five Star Beef in 1991 with shareholder, Itoham Foods. ANZCO Foods now owns the site outright.
Annual capacity of 40,000 head of grain-finished beef.
Stock are fed locally sourced feed and there are no antibiotics or growth promotants used
Key community support
- Canterbury West Coast Air Rescue Trust
- Involvement with Wakanui School
- Ashburton Celtic Rugby Club
- Sponsorship of local organisations, e.g. Lions, Rotary
- Mid-Canterbury Hospice
- Mid-Canterbury Science Fair