ANZCO Foods Canterbury Site Information
New Zealand 30%
Cook Islands 13%
Other worldwide locations 30%
Infrastructure & history
ANZCO Foods bought the site following the collapse of Fortex and increased the capacity at the site. The beef processing operation was added in 1995. ANZCO acquired a small processing site in Rakaia in 2006 that supports the Canterbury site.
It is ANZCO Foods’ only site that processes bovine and ovine. It also supports a range of other functions including rendering, fellmongery, and material for ANZCO’s Healthcare business.
Annual processing capacity of 1.35m head of sheep/lambs, 110,000 head of cattle and 180,000 head of calves.
The site operates all year round, with a peak season from November to May.
Key community support
- Mid-Canterbury Hospice
- ANZCO Foods’ Sponsor a School programme
- Supporting schools, sports clubs, and a diverse range of community and service groups, directly and with fundraising assistance
- Engaging with local schools and other providers regarding a range of careers at ANZCO Foods
- Longbeach Coastal Challenge Silver Sponsor (event proceeds benefit local community and the Māia Health Foundation)
- Bronze supporter of the EA Networks community stadium build completed in 2017
- Ashburton Glow in the Park Silver Sponsor